As many as four people were killed and nine others wounded after a roadside bomb blast targeted a minibus carrying government employees in Kotal-e-Khairkhana belonging to the PD17 of Kabul city, Kabul police confirmed.
Talking to Kabul Now, Ferdaws Faramarz, said that the incident took place earlier this morning, March 18, around 07:20 AM, adding that the dead victims include three men and a woman.
Meanwhile, Nasratullah Nusrat Naseri, spokesperson for the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, told Kabul Now that at least 15 employees of the Ministry were killed or wounded in the blast – implying a higher casualty toll. He added that people on board were government employees from different institutions.
Like many recent and deadly blasts, this one also went unclaimed.
The same vehicle type, carrying government employees, was hit by a roadside bomb blast three days earlier in Dahan-e-Bagh area belonging to PD2 of Kabul city. Four people were killed and 15 others wounded in the attack.
As many as five civilians were killed and 16 others wounded on Monday, March 15, in twin blasts that hit two minibusses simultaneously in PD6 and PD3 of Kabul city.
Ever since the US-Taliban peace deal signed in February 2020, Afghanistan has seen a dramatic increase in deadly violence, particularly in targeted violence in the form of assassinations and magnetic bomb blasts, which continue to claim lives.
Though most of this deadly violence goes unclaimed, the government blames the Taliban militant group.