A photo of the scene taken in the aftermath of a mini-truck explosion in Darman district of Kandahar
Mini-truck bomb wounds 33 people in Kandahar
A local authority in the southern Kandahar province says that as many as 33 people were wounded after a mini-truck laden with explosives exploded in Daman district of the province.
Baheer Ahmadi, spokesperson for Kandahar governor, told Kabul Now that the incident took place at around 10:20 today, Monday, December 07, close to offices of district governor and district police chief.
Mr. Ahmadi said that the wounded victims include 15 members of a single family, five government staffs, nine policemen and two members of National Directorate of Security. A wounded victim is in critical health condition and he has been taken to hospital, he said.
A security source told Kabul Now that Abdul Wadood, police chief of Daman district, was also wounded in this explosion.
Tawos Nadiri, director of Kandahar directorate of public health, confirmed that eight wounded people, including civilians, were taken to Kandahar regional hospital.
The Taliban have not claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
The southern Kandahar is a province where the Taliban militants have control over large swath of territory.